- What is a Business Visitor Visa?
- UK Business Visitor Visa Permitted Activities
- UK Business Visitor Visa Requirements
- UK Business Visit Visa Application for US citizens
- UK Business Visitor visa Application from the US
- Required Documents
- Length and Conditions of Stay on a Business Visitor Visa
- Business Visitor Visa UK Fees and Processing Time
- How Can Total Law help?
- Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Business Visitor Visa?
The UK Business Visitor visa is a visa under the Standard Visitor visa category. This visa allows foreign nationals who are not citizens of countries in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland to come to the UK to do certain business activities in the United Kingdom.
Business visitors are granted a visa to visit the UK from the US for a maximum of six months for certain business activities that do not involve pay or selling. Academic business visitors may be able to stay for up to 12 months.
US citizens do not need a Business Visitor visa for the business activities approved under this visa. However, if you are only a US resident, you may need to apply for this visa.
Although the visa allows you to do some business-related activities like attending conferences and meetings, you can’t work in any capacity. If you need to run a business, the Start-up visa or Innovator visa may be sufficient.
For more information or assistance with acquiring a Business Visitor visa, call us on +1 844 290 6312.
Business Visitor Visa Permitted Activities
With a Business Visitor visa, you can do the following:
- Attend conferences, meetings, interviews, and seminars
- Negotiate and sign contracts and deals
- Attend trade fairs where you promote your business rather than sell
- Attend work-related training if the training isn’t available in the US
- Give talks that are not for profit or at a commercial event
- Visit and inspect a UK site
- Get information for their employment overseas
- Oversee the delivery of goods and services provided by a UK company to your US company
- Train or share information on internal projects with UK employees in the UK office of your company
- Install or service equipment or computer software if your US company has a contract with a UK-based customer
You cannot do any paid or unpaid work for a company in the UK or as a self-employed person. Also, internships and selling goods or services are not allowed. You can find the full list of permitted activities here.
UK Business Visitor Visa Requirements
Most people who are admissible into the UK may be able to get a UK Business Visitor visa if they can:
- Demonstrate their intention to leave the UK at the end of their business visit
- Financially support themselves and dependents throughout the business trip
- Pay for the trip and any related cost, including the return or onward journey to the US
- Provide proof of the activities they are going to perform while in the UK
If you are visiting the UK with family members, each person has to have a separate application and meet requirements based on what they will do in the UK.
If the activities are under the business visitor category, then they must meet the above requirements. If they are visiting for tourism, they are to meet the standard visitor visa requirements.
UK Business Visit Application for US Citizens
As mentioned above, US citizens don’t need a Business Visitor visa to do the permitted activities for business visitors. However, they must travel to the UK with a valid US passport and prove at the UK border that they:
- Are eligible to do the activities they want to do
- Have arranged accommodation for their stay
- Will leave the UK at the end of their visit
- Can financially support themselves and dependents during their trip
UK Business Visitor Visa Application Process in the US
If you live in the US on a valid visa, you can apply for a UK Business Visitor visa if your country isn’t exempt like the US. The earliest you can apply for this visa is three months before you travel.
You are to apply online before you travel to the UK. When filling the online application, you must provide information on your travel, including dates, where you will stay, the cost of your trip, and personal information, including your home address, parents’ information, how much you earn, and criminal record.
Also, you may need to provide your travel history, employer’s details, and partner’s details.
After filling the form, you must pay the visa fees and attend an appointment at the visa application centre. You are expected to give your biometrics and provide the required documents to prove your eligibility at your visa appointment.
If you are traveling to the UK with other family members, start an online application and pay fees for each person. Also, every family member may be required to attend their own visa appointment.
For assistance with applying for a business visitor visa, call us on +1 844 290 6312 or contact us online. We offer immigration advice sessions as face to face appointments at all of our offices, or via the phone.
Required Documents to Visit the United Kingdom
You need the following documents when applying for a Business Visitor visa:
- Valid passport or travel document that covers your stay in the UK
- Evidence of the activities you plan to do in the UK
- Travel itinerary
- Proof that you can fund your stay adequately, such as bank statements
- Proof that you will leave the UK at the end of the visit, such as business commitment in the US
Length and Conditions of Stay on a Business Visitor Visa
The standard visa is usually valid for up to six months. Long-term visitor visas are valid for 2, 5, or 10 years. Regardless of the time you are given, you can only stay in the UK for up to six months at a time.
You cannot make the UK your home, which means that you cannot return to the UK quite frequently or, as the Home Office puts it, for frequent and successive visits. If you keep returning to the UK often, you may be rejected for any UK visa.
For more information or assistance with visiting the UK on business, call us on +1 844 290 6312 or contact us online. We would love to help you.
Standard Business Visitor visa Cost and Processing Time
The standard visa, which has a maximum length of stay of six months, is £95. You can get a longer-term standard visitor visa though you can only stay for up to six months at a time and cannot return for frequent or successive visits.
A two-year long-term UK visitor visa is £361, a five-year long-term visitor visa is £655, and a ten-year visitor visa is £822.
You should expect it to take about three weeks from your visa appointment until you get a decision. You can get the fast-track application package for a faster application process: the priority service (5 working days) or super-priority service (end of the next working day).
At Total Law, we are professional immigration lawyers that help individuals obtain visas and immigration permits. We can help you get a UK business visitor visa if you are in the US. Our immigration services cover the following:
- Assessing your eligibility and necessity for a business visitor visa
- Advising on the evidence and documents to provide
- Completing a high-quality application for you
- Liaising with the Home Office on your behalf
Comprehensive immigration advice tailored to your circumstances and goals.
Designed to make your visa application as smooth and stress-free as possible.
Fast Track Package
Premium application service that ensures your visa application is submitted to meet your deadline.
Ensure you have the greatest chance of a successful appeal. We will represent you in any case.
The Advice Package
During this untimed Advice Session with our professional immigration lawyers in London, you will receive our comprehensive advice, completely tailored to your needs and your situation.
The Application Package
With our Application Package, your dedicated immigration lawyer will advise you on your application process and eligibility. Your caseworker will then complete and submit your forms to the Home Office on your behalf.
The Fast Track Package
Our Fast-Track Application Package is a premium service for those who need to submit their application in time with their deadlines. Your case will become a top priority for our lawyers and you will benefit from our highest-quality services.
The Appeal Package
By choosing our Appeal Package, you can rely on our lawyers’ legal knowledge and experience to ensure you have the highest chance of a successful appeal. We will also fully represent you in any hearings/tribunals.
A visitor can do business in the UK if they have the necessary permit to do so. Visitors only do certain activities with a visitor visa, including attending meetings and negotiating contracts. They cannot sell their services or products while in the UK.
A business visitor can stay in the UK for up to 180 days or six months at a time. However, if their visa has a shorter validity period, they must leave the UK on or before the visa’s expiry date. For more information or assistance with the business visitor visa, call +1 844 290 6312 today.
There are different business visas for the UK, including the Start-up visa, Innovator Visa, Investor visa, and Business Visitor visa.
The Start-up visa is a UK business visa for those who want to work alone or in a team to grow a viable and innovative business in the UK. The Innovator visa is for foreign nationals with at least £50,000 to invest and have received endorsement from an approved organization.
The Investor visa is for those who will invest at least £2 million in active and trading UK businesses within the first three months of acquiring the visa. Lastly, the UK’s business visitor visa allows foreign nationals to visit the UK for business activities that don’t involve active work or pay, except they have the Permitted Paid Engagement visa.