UK Work Visa from Turkey

The UK has different work visas for Turkish nationals coming to the country for employment purposes. Each visa has certain requirements that applicants must meet to have a successful application.

For more information on obtaining a UK work visa from Turkey, including how to apply and immediate help with your immigration situation, speak to an expert immigration lawyer. Call us at 0333 305 9375 or fill out the online form, and we will contact you.

    Request a call back from our immigration experts

    Do you need a Visa to Work in the UK?

    You will need a work visa if you’re coming to the UK from Turkey to take up an employment opportunity. You can apply for a work visa to work for a UK-based employer or start an innovative business in the country.

    There are different types of UK work visas, each with specific purposes and distinct eligibility requirements. The type of visa you should apply for will depend on the nature of the job you intend to take up and your circumstances.

    Be aware that to apply for most UK work visas, you must already have a job offer from a UK-based employer or organisation authorised to sponsor foreign workers.

    If you intend to work in the UK, our expert legal advisers at Total Law can guide you through the immigration process and ensure you get the visa that meets your needs. Speak to one of our lawyers at 0333 305 9375.

    Immigration Advice Service 4.7 rating 414 reviews Logo

    What Are the Types of Work Visas for the UK?

    The UK has different types of work visas for long-term and temporary work purposes.

    The UK long-term work visas are typically valid from 2 to 5 years and are renewable. Also, your time spent on these visas will count towards indefinite leave to remain (ILR). Some of the common long-term work visas include the following:

    The UK temporary work visas allow you to live and work in the UK for a limited period, up to 24 months. There are six temporary work visas in the UK, and they include:

    • Creative Worker Visa
    • Charity Worker Visa
    • Religious Worker visa
    • Seasonal Worker Visa
    • International Agreement Visa
    • Government Authority Exchange visa.

    There are other types of work visas in the UK, including Offshore Worker Visa, Overseas Domestic Worker Visa, UK Ancestry Visa, and Representative of an Overseas Business Visa.

    Skilled Worker Visa

    The Skilled Worker Visa is one of the most common UK work visas. It allows you to take up certain skilled jobs approved by the UK government and listed in the UK’s list of eligible occupations.

    To be eligible for a Skilled Worker visa, you must:

    • Take a job that is eligible.
    • Work for a UK-based employer that the Home Office has approved.
    • Have a certificate of sponsorship from your employer with details of the job offer.
    • Be paid at least the minimum salary for the type of work you’ll be doing.

    The minimum salary for the type of work you’ll be doing should be at least £26,200 per year, £10.75 per hour, or the ‘going rate’ for your job, whichever is higher. Your application will be refused if your annual income is less than the going rate.

    However, if you work in healthcare or education or your job is in a shortage occupation, you can be paid less than the going rate as long as your income is not less than £20,960 per year.

    The Skilled Worker visa will allow you to live and work in the UK for 5 years. You can extend your visa as often as you like, provided you still meet the eligibility requirements. You might also be eligible to apply for ILR after 5 years on the visa.

    Health and Care Worker Visa

    The Health and Care Worker Visa is a subcategory of the Skilled Worker Visa, designed for medical professionals who intend to take up an eligible job with the NHS, an NHS supplier, or in adult social care.

    To qualify for the Health and Care Worker Visa, you must meet the following requirements:

    • Be a qualified doctor, nurse, health professional, or adult social care professional
    • Work in a health or social care job eligible for the visa.
    • Work for a UK health and care sector employer approved by the Home Office.
    • Have a ‘certificate of sponsorship’ from your employer with information about the role you’ve been offered in the UK
    • Be paid the minimum salary or the going rate for the work you’ll be doing.

    Generally, the minimum salary requirements for the Health and Care Worker Visa are the same as those for the Skilled Worker Visa. However, some health and care jobs have different financial requirements.

    Unlike the Skilled Worker Visa, you will not be required to pay for an immigration health surcharge as a health and care worker.

    Furthermore, you can live and work in the UK for 5 years and apply for permanent settlement afterwards on the Health and Care Worker Visa.

    Discover the diverse routes to work in the UK from Turkey. Engage with our specialists for assistance. Contact Us

      Request a call back from our immigration experts

      Scale-up Worker Visa

      The Scale-up Worker Visa allows foreign nationals to take up an eligible job for a fast-growing or scale-up UK business approved by the Home Office.

      If you’re a skilled worker, you can work for a fast-growing organisation that needs highly skilled workers from foreign countries to meet their needs.

      To qualify for this visa, you must:

      • Have a job offer on the list of approved occupations
      • Intend to work for your employer for at least 6 months.
      • Earn a minimum wage of £34,600 per year or the ‘going rate’ for the type of work you’ll do, whichever is higher.

      The Scale-up Worker Visa allows you to change jobs (as long as you have worked for at least 6 months in the job on your certificate of sponsorship) without notifying the Home Office. However, your new job must meet other visa requirements.

      You can stay in the UK for an initial 2 years with a Scale-up Worker Visa. Afterwards, you can extend your visa for an additional 3 years, as often as you want.

      Global Business Mobility Worker Visas

      The Global Business Mobility visa is a category of visas that allows overseas business to expand their presence in the UK. With these visas, foreign organisations can carry out a contract, transfer staff, and set up a branch of their business in the UK.

      There are five visas under the Global Business Mobility route, each with specific immigration purposes. They include:

      1. Senior or Specialist Worker Visa: If you are a senior manager or specialist employee, this visa will allow you to work for your employer in your organisation’s UK branch.
      2. Graduate Trainee Visa: If you are on a graduate training program for a managerial or specialist role, you can take up a work placement in your UK branch with this visa.
      3. Secondment Worker Visa: This visa allows you to carry out a high-value contract with a UK-based organisation on behalf of your overseas employer.
      4. Service Supplier Visa: If you have a contract to provide services for a UK company as an employee for an overseas company or a self-employed professional based overseas, you should apply for the Service Supplier Visa.
      5. UK Expansion Worker Visa: This visa allows you to come to the UK to set up a new branch of your overseas business.

      High Potential Individual Visa

      You can apply for the High Potential Individual (HPI) Visa if you have been awarded a qualification from an eligible foreign institution within the last 5 years.

      This visa is designed to attract individuals with exceptional talents and skills who can contribute significantly to the UK economy.

      To be eligible for the visa, you must meet the following requirements:

      • Your qualification must be at a bachelor’s, master’s, or PhD level in the UK.
      • The academic institution that awarded the degree must be on the list of eligible institutions.
      • Prove your knowledge of English.
      • Have sufficient funds to support yourself.

      The HPI Visa is valid for 2 years, but if you have a PhD or other doctoral qualification, it will last for 3 years.

      International Sportsperson Visa

      If you are an internationally established, elite sportsperson or qualified coach, and you get a job in your field in the UK, you can apply for an International Sportsperson Visa. However, you must prove that your employment will develop your sport at the highest level in the UK.

      For your visa to be approved, your sport’s governing body must endorse your application, and your employer must issue you a certificate of sponsorship.

      The International SPortsperson Visa is valid for 3 years, and you can extend it as long as you are eligible.

      We can guide you to work in the UK seamlessly. Consult with our premier advisory team today. Contact Us

        Request a call back from our immigration experts

        Minister of Religion Visa

        The Minister of Religion Visa applies to you if you’ve been offered a job within a faith-based community in the UK. Your job could be as a missionary, a minister, or a member of a religious body.

        To be eligible for this visa, you must be at least 18 years old and show that you have travelled outside your home country within the last five years. Your job must pay the minimum wage, and you must have sufficient funds to support yourself throughout your stay in the UK.

        Graduate Work Visa

        If you’re a Turkish national studying in the UK, you can take up a job after your study program ends and stay for 2 years in the country with the Graduate Work Visa.

        You must apply for the visa before your current Student Visa expires. Be aware that the Graduate Visa is not eligible for an extension. When your visa expires, you must switch to another work visa as long as you’re eligible or return to your home country.

        Temporary Work Visas

        The temporary work visas will allow you to work in the UK for a specified period. Each visa under the temporary work visa has its requirements.

        The Seasonal Worker Visa will allow you to work:

        • As a horticulturist for up to 6 months at any time in the year.
        • In poultry from 2 October to 31 December within any year

        Unlike other temporary work visas, you cannot bring your dependents to the UK or take a second job with a Seasonal Worker Visa.

        If you have a Creative Worker Visa, you can work as an actor, dancer, musician, film crew member, or take up any creative role for up to 12 months.

        The Charity Worker Visa is valid for up to 12 months and will allow you to take up unpaid voluntary work, while the Religious Worker Visa allows you to participate in religious work in a non-pastoral role or religious order and is valid for up to 24 months.

        The Government Authorised Exchange Visa will allow you to stay in the UK for 12 or 24 months under a government-approved exchange program to do any of the following:

        • Take a training
        • Gain work experience
        • Conduct research or participate in a fellowship program
        • Take an overseas government language program.

        With an International Agreement Visa, you can take up a contract covered by international law or treaty. Your job can include working as:

        • A private servant in a diplomatic household for up to 2 years (you can extend your visa for 3 more years).
        • An employee of an overseas government or an international organisation for up to 2 years.

        Requirements for the UK Work Visa

        The UK work visas have general eligibility requirements you must meet before submitting an application.  First, you must already have a job offer. Your employer must have a sponsor licence and issue you a certificate of sponsorship, which you will use in your application.

        Other requirements include:

        • Have a valid passport or travel document
        • Meet the English language requirement
        • Be qualified for the job you’re applying for
        • Have a clean criminal record
        • Prove that you can support yourself financially in the UK by having at least £1,270.
        • Show proof of accommodation

        Keep in mind that you must also satisfy the individual requirements for each visa work visa for your application to be approved.

        Whether you're eyeing a long-term journey or seizing a temporary opportunity in the UK, our experts are here to help. Contact Us

          Request a call back from our immigration experts

          What Are the Fees for the UK Work Visas?

          Here are the visa application fees for the UK work visas

          Visa Type Fee (£)
          Skilled Worker Visa (up to 3 years) 719
          Skilled Worker (more than 3 years) 1,420
          Skilled Worker, Shortage Occupation (up to 3 years) 551
          Skilled Worker, Shortage Occupation (more than 3 years) 1,084
          Health and Care Worker (up to 3 years) 284
          Health and Care Worker (more than 3 years) 551
          Senior or Specialist Worker (up to 3 years) 719
          Senior or Specialist Worker (more than 3 years) 1,420
          Other Global Business Mobility visas 298
          International Sportsperson (up to 12 months) 298
          International Sportsperson (more than 12 months) 719
          Minister of Religion 719
          High Potential Individual 822
          Scale-up Worker 822
          Temporary Work visas 298

          Besides the visa application fees, you may be required to pay an immigration health surcharge fee of £624 per year, depending on your type of visa.

          You may also pay fees for English proficiency tests, consular services, and legal services.

          What Is the Processing Time for a UK Work Visa?

          Your work visa application will typically take 3 weeks to process in Turkey. However, it may take longer due to factors such as the volume of applications at the VAC, the accuracy of your information, and your personal circumstances.

          Can a UK Work Visa Be Extended?

          The long-term work visas and certain temporary work visas can be extended. If you are on a visa that permits an extension, you must apply for one before your current permission to stay expires.

          Dreaming of a career in the UK from Turkey? Allow us to turn that dream into reality. Reach out today. Contact Us

            Request a call back from our immigration experts

            How Can Total Law Help

            The UK has several work visas with distinct requirements. It can be challenging to determine which visa you should apply for, especially if you’re not familiar with immigration laws.

            That’s where Total Law comes in. Our lawyers are experts in UK immigration laws, especially those that intertwine with labour laws. We can assess your situation and help you determine which work visa is right for you, depending on the purpose of your trip.

            Our lawyers will prepare your documents and submit an application on your behalf. If you have any questions regarding the process, including details on fees and tips on visa interviews, we will answer them.

            To get started on your UK work visa application, call us at 0333 305 9375 or contact us online.

            Advice Package icon

            Advice Package

            Comprehensive immigration advice tailored to your circumstances and goals.

            Application Package icon

            Application Package

            Designed to make your visa application as smooth and stress-free as possible.

            Fast Track Package icon

            Fast Track Package

            Premium application service that ensures your visa application is submitted to meet your deadline.

            Appeal Package icon

            Appeal Package

            Ensure you have the greatest chance of a successful appeal. We will represent you in any case.

            Advice Package image

            The Advice Package

            During this untimed Advice Session with our professional immigration lawyers in London, you will receive our comprehensive advice, completely tailored to your needs and your situation.

              Request a call back from our immigration experts

              Request the Advice Package
              Application Package image

              The Application Package

              With our Application Package, your dedicated immigration lawyer will advise you on your application process and eligibility. Your caseworker will then complete and submit your forms to the Home Office on your behalf.

                Request a call back from our immigration experts

                Request the Application Package
                Fast Track Package image

                The Fast Track Package

                Our Fast-Track Application Package is a premium service for those who need to submit their application in time with their deadlines. Your case will become a top priority for our lawyers and you will benefit from our highest-quality services.

                  Request a call back from our immigration experts

                  Request the Fast Track Package
                  Appeal Package image

                  The Appeal Package

                  By choosing our Appeal Package, you can rely on our lawyers’ legal knowledge and experience to ensure you have the highest chance of a successful appeal. We will also fully represent you in any hearings/tribunals.

                    Request a call back from our immigration experts

                    Request the Appeal Package

                    We offer immigration advice sessions as face to face appointments at all of our UK offices, or via the phone. Learn more

                      Request a call back from our immigration experts

                      Related pages for your continued reading.

                      Frequently Asked Questions

                      After submitting your online application on the UK government website, you must book an appointment and visit the TLScontact visa application centre in Istanbul to continue your application. The visa application centre is at Astoria AVM, Büyükdere Cad. No.127 Kat -2 Esentepe, Şişli / Istanbul, Turkey.

                      If your UK work visa is denied, you can reapply for the visa, request an administrative review, or appeal the Home Office’s decision. An immigration lawyer can advise you on the best option to take, depending on your circumstances.

                      Turkey is exempt from the tuberculosis test requirement. However, if, within the last 6 months, you visited certain countries that are not test-exempt, you will be required to take the test.