K3 Visa for Pakistani Citizens

The K3 Visa enables foreign spouses of United States citizens to enter the US while they wait for their Green Card. If you are a Pakistani citizen with dreams of reuniting with your spouse, the K3 Visa might be the best option for you.

For more information about the K3 Visa, including one-on-one advice from an immigration professional on how to apply for it and what to expect, get in touch with Total Law today. Call us at +1 844 290 6312 or contact us online.

    Request a call back from our immigration experts

    Overview of the K3 Visa for Pakistani Citizens

    A K3 Visa is a nonimmigrant visa that allows the Pakistani spouse of a US citizen to enter the US while waiting for their immigrant visa petition to be processed. Its primary purpose is to shorten the physical separation between spouses during the lengthy immigration process.

    Unlike the K1 Visa, which is intended for those who plan to get married in the US, the K3 Visa is for already-married couples. Additionally, the K3 Visa allows Pakistani spouses of US citizens to enter the US faster compared to the I-130 immigrant visa process.

    However, the K3 Visa might not always be the best choice. Its processing time can be the same as that of a Green Card application so sometimes applying directly for a Green Card could potentially be quicker.

    The best way to determine which visa is right for you is to speak with an immigration attorney. At Total Law, we can assess your circumstances and recommend the best visa option for you and your spouse. Get in touch with us now at +1 844 290 6312 to schedule a consultation.

    Immigration Advice Service 4.7 rating 414 reviews
    Reviews.io Logo

    Eligibility Requirements for a K3 Visa

    To be eligible for a K3 Visa, you must meet the following requirements:

    • Be the lawful spouse of a US citizen
    • Be living in a foreign country outside of the United States
    • Have a pending Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, filed on your behalf by your US citizen spouse

    In addition, the US citizen spouse must meet the income requirements for a K3 Visa sponsor. This means that their adjusted gross income on their most recent tax return must be at least 100% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines set by the US government.

    The total amount required various depending on the number of people within the household but the current required minimum household income for a two-person civilian household is $22,888.

    K3 Visa Application Process

    To apply for the K3 Visa, you need to complete the following steps:

    • Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative must be completed by the US citizen sponsor.
    • File Form I-129F: After your US spouse has received a receipt notice for Form I-130, they must also file Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e). This form requires them to provide evidence of their US citizenship and a legally recognised marriage certificate.
    • Submit D2-160: After Form I-129F is approved, you will need to electronically submit Form DS-160 and ensure you retain a copy of the application confirmation page.
    • Pay the Visa Processing Fee: This can be done online or at your interview at a U.S. embassy or consulate.
    • Schedule an Interview: You will need to schedule an interview at a US embassy in Pakistan.
    • Undergo a Medical Examination.

    Required Documents for the K3 Visa

    Ensure you have the following documents ready for your K3 Visa application:

    • Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e)
    • DS-160 confirmation page
    • Valid passport
    • Birth certificate
    • Marriage certificate
    • Police certificates from all countries where the Pakistani spouse has lived for six months or more since age 16
    • Affidavit of Support (Form I-134)
    • Evidence of the ongoing I-130 petition
    • Passport-sized photos
    • Medical examination report from an authorised professional

    K3 Visa Processing Fees

    The total cost of a K3 Visa application is approximately $1,040. However, this may vary depending on the additional services you choose to use during the application process. Below is the breakdown of the K3 Visa application fees:

    • Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative: $535
    • Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e): $535
    • Biometrics services fee: $85
    • Medical examination fees: vary depending on the medical service provider that conducts the examination.

    If you're a Pakistani national and would like to settle in the US, reach out to us today. Contact Us

      Request a call back from our immigration experts

      Bringing Dependents to the US on a K3 Visa

      As a K3 Visa applicant, your unmarried children under the age of 21 may also be eligible for a K4 Visa. This visa allows children to come to the US to join their parents while the K3 Visa petition is pending.

      To be eligible for a K4 Visa, the child must:

      • Be the unmarried child of a K3 Visa applicant
      • Be under the age of 21
      • Be in the legal custody of the K3 Visa applicant
      • Meet all other requirements for an immigrant visa, such as health and criminal background checks

      The K4 Visa application process is similar to the K3 Visa application process. You must file Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e), and Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, on the child’s behalf. Your child must also submit Form DS-160, Online Application for Nonimmigrant Visa, and pay the visa application fee.

      Once the K4 Visa is approved, your child can travel to the United States and stay for a period of one year. During this time, the child can apply for an adjustment of status to become a permanent resident.

      If you have any other dependents, such as an adult child or a parent, they will not be eligible to accompany you to the US on the K3 Visa.

      If you are considering applying for a K4 Visa for your child, contact us today. We can help you determine if your child is eligible for the visa and guide you through the application process. Call +1 844 290 6312 to get started.

      K3 Visa Processing Time from Pakistan

      The processing time for a K3 Visa from Pakistan typically takes 6 to 9 months. After submitting Form I-129F, it takes about 30 days for US Immigration to issue a receipt notice, which confirms that your petition has been received.

      The interview stage typically takes 4 to 6 weeks to schedule. It is recommended to apply well ahead of time and not make any travel arrangements until the visa has been approved.

      Woman standing in front of mirror in Pakistani outfit

      Working in the US with a K3 Visa

      K3 Visa holders are not automatically authorised to work in the United States. To be able to work in the US, you need to apply for an Employment Authorization Document (EAD), which would allow you to work legally in the country.

      You can apply for an EAD after your K3 Visa has been approved. The application process for an EAD can take several months. If you are granted an EAD, you will be able to work legally for the duration of your K3 Visa, although some job roles may be restricted.

      If you are interested in working while a K3 Visa holder the you may wish to consult with our immigration attorneys to discuss your case. We can help you determine if you are eligible for an EAD and guide you through the application process. Call us at +1 844 290 6312 to get assistance.

      Child sitting on steps outside building in Pakistan

      There are many pathways to emigrate to the US. We can assist with the path that's best suited to you. Contact Us

        Request a call back from our immigration experts

        How Can Total Law Help?

        Our immigration lawyers are experts when it comes to US visas for Pakistani citizens. They will explain each step of the K3 Visa application process to you and will help you prepare a portfolio of evidence.

        We have assisted many Pakistani citizens in moving from Pakistan to the US. With our assistance, you can increase the chances of your visa application being accepted.

        At Total Law, we appreciate how difficult it can be for client having to be separated from their families. Our lawyers are committed to helping you apply for the K3 Visa so that you can travel from Pakistan to join your spouse as soon as possible. We also offer professional legal advice for those who want to bring their children to the US.

        The US immigration system is complex, and the process of applying for a US visa can be stressful. Fortunately, our lawyers are dedicated to guiding you through it, providing you with all the help and assistance you might require.

        For more information about how our immigration lawyers can help with your K3 Visa application, call +1 844 290 6312 today or contact us online.

        Advice Package icon

        Advice Package

        Comprehensive immigration advice tailored to your circumstances and goals.

        Application Package icon

        Application Package

        Designed to make your visa application as smooth and stress-free as possible.

        Fast Track Package icon

        Fast Track Package

        Premium application service that ensures your visa application is submitted to meet your deadline.

        Appeal Package icon

        Appeal Package

        Ensure you have the greatest chance of a successful appeal. We will represent you in any case.

        Advice Package image

        The Advice Package

        During this untimed Advice Session with our professional immigration lawyers in London, you will receive our comprehensive advice, completely tailored to your needs and your situation.

          Request a call back from our immigration experts

          Request the Advice Package
          Application Package image

          The Application Package

          With our Application Package, your dedicated immigration lawyer will advise you on your application process and eligibility. Your caseworker will then complete and submit your forms to the Home Office on your behalf.

            Request a call back from our immigration experts

            Request the Application Package
            Fast Track Package image

            The Fast Track Package

            Our Fast-Track Application Package is a premium service for those who need to submit their application in time with their deadlines. Your case will become a top priority for our lawyers and you will benefit from our highest-quality services.

              Request a call back from our immigration experts

              Request the Fast Track Package
              Appeal Package image

              The Appeal Package

              By choosing our Appeal Package, you can rely on our lawyers’ legal knowledge and experience to ensure you have the highest chance of a successful appeal. We will also fully represent you in any hearings/tribunals.

                Request a call back from our immigration experts

                Request the Appeal Package

                We offer immigration advice sessions as face to face appointments at all of our UK offices, or via the phone. Learn more

                  Request a call back from our immigration experts

                  Related pages for your continued reading.

                  Frequently Asked Questions

                  Yes, you can leave the US with a K3 Visa. You will be able to leave and re-enter the United States as many times as you want.

                  No, a K3 Visa is not the same as a Spousal Visa. The Spousal Visa, also known as the CR-1 visa, is an immigrant visa for the spouses of US citizens. It allows the foreign spouse to enter the United States as a permanent resident.

                  Yes, you can apply to extend your stay in the US while on a K3 Visa. To extend or change your nonimmigrant status, you must submit Form I-539 at least 120 days before the end of your authorised stay. Each extension will last 2 years.

                  The K3 Visa is valid for two years. You will not be eligible for any other non-immigrant visa during this time. After two years, you must apply for an adjustment of status to Permanent Resident. If your adjustment of status application is approved, you will be granted a Green Card and will be able to live and work in the United States permanently.

                  The K3 Visa allows you to enter the US to await the approval of your immigrant visa petition, while the CR1 Visa allows you to enter the country as a permanent resident. This means that on a K3 Visa, you must apply for adjustment of status to Permanent Resident within two years of entering the US.

                  The best visa for you will depend on your individual circumstances. If you are unsure which visa is right for you, call +1 844 290 6312 for assistance.

                  There are different alternatives to the K3 Visa for bringing a foreign spouse to the US:

                  • CR-1 Visa: Permanent Resident Visa for spouses of US citizens
                  • IR-1 Visa: Permanent Resident Visa for spouses of US citizens who are immediate relatives (parents, spouses, and children under 21 of US citizens)
                  • Family-based Immigrant Visa: Visa for spouses of US citizens or permanent residents who do not qualify for the K3 Visa or CR-1/IR-1 Visa